- With 9 years of span, Blue Raven Solar has spread its branches across 18 states of America with 100% customer satisfaction.
- Blue Raven Solar provides highly efficient black. monocrystalline solar panels along with home energy storage solutions from Enphase, Tesla, FranklinWH, and SunPower.
- The company provides a comprehensive 25-year warranty on solar panels, and 2 years on power production.
- The company handles everything on your behalf, including designing custom solar panels, inspecting the site, obtaining authority approvals, installing the panels on your property, and turning them on.
Are you planning on switching to cleaner energy sources for the first time? Then you might want to opt for services from one of the leading U.S. solar panel installation providers in the industry, Blue Raven Solar.
Within a mere nine years, the company has managed to uphold a strong reputation in the market with its highly efficient and aesthetically pleasing black monocrystalline solar panels, unmatched reliable sales process, and speedy installation process. Furthermore, Blue Raven Solar offers exclusive financing programs with zero upfront cost for 18 months and free installation.
However, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There is so much hidden that needs to be known about this gigantic solar company. Keep reading, as in this comprehensive Blue Raven Solar Review, we will cover the ins and outs of the company and the following pointers:
- Pros and Cons of Blue Raven Solar
- A Glance of Blue Raven Solar
- Additional Benefits of Blue Raven Solar
- Blue Raven Solar State-Wide Availability Options Across United States
- Blue Raven Solar Installation Process
- Solar Options
- How much can you save with Blue Raven Solar?
- Blue Raven Solar Cost and Financing Options
- Blue Raven Solar Warranties
- Blue Raven Solar Reviews
- Is Blue Raven Solar the legit solar panel service provider for you?
Pros and Cons of Blue Raven Solar
A Glance of Blue Raven Solar
Blue Raven Solar Company started its journey as a solar service provider in 2014 from Orem, Utah, with a simple vision: providing Americans with the most affordable, cleaner energy solutions. Within its 9-year span, the company’s employee base has grown from 3 to over 3000, gaining the title of one of the fastest-growing solar companies in the United States. Blue Raven later got acquired by SunPower in 2021 and partnered with GivePower, a NGO that works towards a greener future.
|Residential solar – Grid tied
|Colorado Electrical: EC.0100877 Florida BRS Field Ops, LLC Blue Raven Solar, LLC CGC1522748 EC13008816 Idaho Electrical: 029472 Contractor: RCE-46825 Illinois Electrical: 17-0190 North Carolina Electrical: 14977-U Oregon Electrical: BCD C1214 Contr
|1403 North Research Way Building J, Orem UT, 84097
The company states that more than 67% of the nation’s electricity is generated from the burning of fossil fuels, which is one of the primary reasons behind rising global warming. A single Blue Raven Solar’s custom solar panel system will offset an average of 175 tons of CO2 during its entire lifespan, thus helping to make the world a better and cleaner place to live in.
Some of the evident features of Blue Raven Solar Company that come with its BluePower Plus+ financing solution are: access to solar energy for 18 months, no upfront installation costs, a 25-year manufacturing warranty and a 2-year power production warranty, a claim to federal tax credits, and much more.
But there are certain other questions that might be crossing your mind. Like, does the Blue Raven company provide solar services in my area? What are their funding options? What additional benefits will I get if I choose this company?
Relax! All these mysteries will unfold as you move ahead towards the end.
Additional Benefits of Blue Raven Solar
In addition to its world-class customer service, the Blue Raven Solar Company provides additional benefits:
- Offers home solar battery storage options that enable you to store extra energy for usage in the event of a power outage. Another possible source of savings is the 30% tax credit that the government grants.
- A two-year guarantee on power production. Thus, if the system generates less electricity than was expected, the company will upgrade the system for free. Additionally, a 25-year manufacturing warranty is available for customers.
- Custom solar panel design for every homeowner.
- The free e-book is available to guide customers through all the details of the solar panel installation process.
Blue Raven Solar State-Wide Availability Options Across United States
The company holds a mission and vision of providing first-class solar panel installation services across America and helping residents save hundreds of dollars every year. So far, with its top-notch technical team and unbeatable customer support system, Blue Raven Solar has managed to light homes across 18 states, including Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.
Learn more about Blue Raven Solar’s state and city-wide availability services here.
Blue Raven Solar Installation Process
While installing solar panels in a residential property, Blue Raven Solar follows a simple yet rigorous approach, ensuring a speedy and high-quality installation process. As an all-in-house solar service provider, the company takes care of all the steps from beginning to end. After getting in contact with one of their sales team members, you can anticipate the following steps:
A Custom Proposal
At this step, one of Blue Raven’s solar representatives will contact you, during which you can share your concerns and requirements, such as your electricity consumption, the amount of power bills you want to save, your location, your financial status, and your credit score. Based on this, they discuss a custom design and proposal carefully put together for you and your home.
Home and Site Evaluation
To get a precise solar quotation for your home, the company sends their technical team for a site inspection to evaluate the solar readiness of your property. This includes roof condition, meter capacity, the requirement of cutting down trees (roof shading), and adaptability. If the property gets the green signal, the solar design team will offer you a custom quotation explaining the most efficient panels for your home, the anticipated cost, approved financing options, and the entire installation process.
Permitting and HOAS
The Blue Raven has a dedicated team that will take care of all the mandated approvals, permissions, and paperwork from the city, county, and state authorities on your behalf. This whole process takes up to an average of 4-6 weeks max.
For solar installation, you can book an appointment with one of their solar reps to get the process done. The whole process of installation includes roof repair, wiring, reinforcing the racking, placing panels on the rack, and connecting the inverters. This will take 1-2 days; however, this can vary based on your location, homeowner associations, and the system’s complexity.
Inspection, Verification, and Energization
Finally, a city inspector and a rep from your current utility provider will conduct a final assessment, ensuring the installed system is up to code. Once you have their Permission to Operate (PTO), you can flip the switch and start energizing the system. And after your system is connected to the utility grid, you can start enjoying the savings at that very moment.
Monitor Power Production
You can easily monitor the amount of electricity generated by the system through the mobile app.
Transforming more and more traditional-built homes into solar-equipped properties and providing round-the-clock cleaner energy independence is the driving force behind Blue Raven Solar. Following are the solar panel and battery backup options the company offers to their customers:
- Black monocrystalline solar panels: The company uses tier-1 black monocrystalline solar panels that have the maximum efficiency rate and power production range between 315 and 335 watts and have a duration of 25–40 years.
- Solar battery solutions: Blue Raven provides home energy storage solutions from the leading solar battery manufacturers with different warranties, including FranklinWH (12 years), SunPower (10 years), Enphase (15 years), andTesla (10 years). The company also uses high-quality and durable Enphase microinverters.
How much can you save with Blue Raven Solar?
Installing a solar panel is not a one-size-fits all process. Every home is built differently, with different power needs surrounding the different external factors. So the cost associated with each solar project varies and can be difficult to estimate just how much a homeowner will save using Blue Raven Solar Panel Services.
However, with their custom solar panel design, you can save between $15,000 and $50,000 over the lifetime of the system, based on the following factors:
- Location: This includes geographic location, climate (sunny, cloudy, or rainy), house orientation, and roof condition.
- Area of house and system installed: This includes your size of home in sq. feet and the size of the solar system you need to install.
- Utility consumption: What is your average electricity consumption, and how much are you expecting to save on power bills?
- Per unit rate: What is the current rate per unit of electricity in your region?
- Solar panel type and purchasing options: The type of panel you choose (for instance, monocrystalline is efficient and expensive than others) and the buying options you opt for highly affect the overall costs of your solar project.
Blue Raven Solar Cost and Financing Options
The average cost of installing solar panels on a residential property after federal credits falls between $17,000 and $25,000. Moreover, an additional annual maintenance cost of $280 to $720 is required post-installation. In light of all these large upfront initial investments, solar customers are concerned about how they will handle their financial obligations.
The good news is that Blue Raven Solar provides the following solar financing options to help its clients make decisions that are ecologically friendly:
SmartStart (exclusively from Blue Raven)
The five-year SmartStart program by Blue Raven helps households save money immediately from the very first day by offering the lowest monthly rates for the first 18 months. The company then extends the contract by up to 42 months by keeping the monthly installments the same. The program further provides a range of flexible payment options to the families to meet their future energy needs:
- Tax credit pay-down.
- Transfer panels right to the new home buyer.
- There are no prepayment penalty charges.
BluePower Plus+ (the most cutting-edge solar financing solution)
BluePower Plus+ is one of the best solar financing options introduced in the market so far. It harnesses the power of a third-party-owned system on leases while also maintaining ownership rights. Here is how BluePower Plus+ helps homeowners get the most value out of their solar power system:
- Free access to solar power for the first 18 months, along with the claim to federal and state solar tax credits, cumulatively reduces the solar project cost by 33%.
- Fixed monthly payment and interest rate on the loan.
- 25-year manufacturer warranty plus a 2-year power production warranty
- There is no prepayment penalty. Pay off your loan anytime and enjoy the ownership rights.
Note: The company strongly opposes the solar lease and power purchase agreement (PPA) financing options and promotes customer ownership. This way, homeowners will be able to take advantage of federal, state, and local utility incentive and rebate programs, which will lower the overall cost of solar projects.
Blue Raven Solar Warranties
When you utilize Blue Raven Solar Solutions, you don’t have to worry about who to call if those panels break down because your entire system is covered by a robust comprehensive warranty. The company offers the following types of warranties:
Energy production guarantee
Regardless of the amount of electricity your solar panels produce, the company promises you a reduction in your annual power bills.
25-year manufacturer warranty
Blue Raven provides a comprehensive 25-year warranty on manufacturing issues related to solar panels. So, if you face any problem related to its efficiency, the company will take care of that. However, no such warranty on routine maintenance is given.
Blue Raven Solar Reviews
Blue Raven Solar has established a strong name in the home powering and empowering industry, having provided reliable residential solar panel installation services in 18 states across the United States for over 9 years. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has rated the company with an A+, and SolarReviews and ConsumerAffairs have given it an average rating of 4.5 and 4.8 stars, respectively.
Positive evaluations also highlight how eager households are to reduce costs by utilizing Blue Raven Solar home solar panels, in addition to the company’s on-time installation, competitive quotes, and after-sale assistance.
Is Blue Raven Solar the legit solar panel service provider for you?
Having a knowledgeable and trustworthy staff that understands your budget, provides affordable solutions, and can walk you through every step of the installation process so that you never have to face discomfort is crucial when choosing the best home solar panel provider.
With its exceptional skilled sales and customer service, giving keen attention to customers’ requirements and providing a custom solar panel installation, a 25-year robust manufacturing warranty, the use of highly efficient solar panels, and battery storage solutions, Blue Raven is the fastest-growing residential solar service provider in the entire United States.
The company ensures that no customer gets overlooked and that more homeowners take one step towards greener energy alternatives.
Blue Raven Solar Review
Price as quoted
Punctual To Time
We highly recommend Blue Raven Solar to anyone considering a transition to solar energy. Their professionalism, transparency, and commitment to customer satisfaction make them a standout choice in the solar industry. Going solar with Blue Raven Solar has not only been a wise financial decision but also a positive and eco-friendly experience that I wholeheartedly endorse.
- Comprehensive 25-year manufacturing warranties and 2 year power production warranties.
- Provides renowned battery storage solutions from companies such as SunPower, Enphase, Tesla, and FranklinWH.
- Zero upfront cost for 18 months. Homeowners can start enjoying savings with 10-30%.
- Monitor electricity generation using the company’s mobile app.
- Refer a friend program is available. First referral earns $500, followed by second $1000, and third $1500.
- Till now, its services are limited to 18 states only,
- No solar lease or PPA options available.