If you have been thinking of going solar to save big on your soaring electricity bills, then you might want to go with the big names of the solar industry, like SunPower. With over 35 years of experience, SunPower is the only U.S.-based solar company that has been in existence longer than its 25-year warranty plan. And there is a whole lot to know about this gigantic solar company.
So keep reading, as in this comprehensive guide to the SunPower solar Review, we will cover:
- Pros and cons of SunPower’s solar services
- State availability
- Sunpower Residential AC Models
- SunPower average cost and financing options
- SunPower warranties
- SunPower Solar Reviews
- Is SunPower the legit provider of solar for you?
- Pros and Cons of SunPower Solar Company
- A Glance of SunPower Solar Company
- SunPower Solar Panel State-Wide Availability Options in the United States
- SunPower Solar Panels Series
- SunPower Installation Process
- How much does SunPower’s Solar Panels cost?
- SunPower Financing Options
- SunPower Warranties
- SunPower Solar Reviews by Customers
- Conclusion – Is SunPower the legit provider of solar for you?
- SunPower solar panels are some of the most efficient on the market. Their efficiency ratings range from 21.7% to 22.8%, which is significantly higher than the average solar panel efficiency of 19%. This means that SunPower solar panels can generate more electricity from the same amount of sunlight, which can save you money on your electricity bill.
- SunPower solar panels have a long lifespan. They come with a 25-year warranty, which is one of the longest in the industry. This means that you can be confident that your SunPower solar panels will continue to generate electricity for many years to come.
- SunPower solar panels are backed by a strong warranty. In addition to the 25-year warranty on the solar panels themselves, SunPower also offers a 25-year workmanship warranty and a 10-year roof warranty. This means that you are protected against defects in materials and workmanship for up to 45 years.
- SunPower solar panels are a bit more expensive than some other brands. However, their higher efficiency and longer lifespan can offset the higher upfront cost.
- SunPower solar panels are made with Maxeon solar cells, which are some of the most advanced solar cells on the market. Maxeon cells are made with a unique triple-junction design that allows them to absorb more sunlight and convert it into electricity.
- SunPower solar panels are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions. They are made with a tempered glass top layer and a backsheet that is resistant to moisture and UV radiation.
- SunPower solar panels are easy to install. They are pre-wired and come with a mounting system that is designed to fit most roofs.
- SunPower solar panels are backed by a team of experienced installers. SunPower has a network of installers who are certified to install its solar panels.
Pros and Cons of SunPower Solar Company
A Glance of SunPower Solar Company
SunPower has been providing record-breaking solar technology solutions since the 1970s and was officially founded in 1985 in San Francisco. The company started offering residential solar panel services in the early 2000s, making it one of the longest-running service providers in the solar industry.
Additionally, SunPower is the only solar company that has a diverse portfolio, offering world-class, most efficient solar panels featuring SunPower® Maxeon® cell technology and storage solutions, all signed and guaranteed by the same company. Because of its consistent commitment to sustainable solutions, it has registered more than 1000 solar patents for solar innovation so far.
Further, SunPower’s solar panels have an unparalleled average efficiency rate of around 23%, which basically costs around $3/watt for its PV system. Talking about its solar panel series, there are: A-Series, X-Series, E-Series, M-Series, and P-Series, among which monocrystalline silicon solar panels boast the highest efficiency rate. All these series are distinguished by the amount of solar power.
But does the company provide solar panel services in your residential area? If so, what are their installation charges and their financing options?
Don’t worry! This SunPower review guide will help you by providing easy-to-understand information.
SunPower Solar Panel State-Wide Availability Options in the United States
The good news is that the SunPower Company provides solar panel services across all 50 states of America, including the metropolitan ones, such as California, Massachusetts, New York, Arizona, and other states. Customers can easily reach out to their area-specific solar providers by finding them under the Find SunPower in These States section.
SunPower Solar Panels Series
SunPower’s solar services include the installation of solar panels and battery backup systems. The company further incorporates solar and storage platforms, as well as accessories like EV chargers, into their systems after fully customising them.
So, if you are genuinely interested in taking SunPower’s Solar Panel Services, then you choose one from the following series:
|Sunpower Residential AC Module Series||Cell Type||Nominal Power (in watts)||Average Panel Efficiency Rating (in %)|
|M-Series||Built with Maxeon Gen 6 solar cells, has the highest AC density||420-440||21.7-22.8|
|A-Series||Built with 66 Maxeon Gen 5 solar cells, most powerful residential solar panels||390-420||20.9-22.5|
|X-Series||Built with 128 Maxeon Gen 3 solar cells, known for highest reliability||445-470||20.6-21.7|
|E-Series||Built with 96 Maxeon Gen 2 solar cells, greater lifetime energy savings||320-327||19.6-20.1|
|P-Series||Designed to deliver consistent performance over decades||330-350||16-17%|
Regardless of a product defect or power outage, SunPower offers the 25-year comprehensive power and product warranty on all it’s series models.
SunPower Installation Process
SunPower offers a rigorous but simple installation procedure. Many of these tasks are carried out by partners within SunPower’s network of licenced solar contractors. Following your free quotation request, you can anticipate the following procedure:
Consultation: Homeowners can schedule a free online consultation with a SunPower professional. You can learn more about the structure of the system and raise any questions you may have during this session. If the property is accepted, the company will offer a quote that details the design of your system, the expected cost, and how it satisfies your energy and long-term objectives.
Permits and Approvals: SunPower will finish the necessary documentation and acquire all necessary authorizations and permits from your local government and electricity provider. It may require as long as several weeks to complete this process, depending on the rules in your county.
Installation: Using one of SunPower’s accredited suppliers, you plan an installation date for your system. Installations typically take a day or two, however a more complicated system can take more time.
Final Assessment: Both your local government and the energy provider must conduct a final examination before you can be granted Permission to Operate (PTO). These examinations will be arranged for you by SunPower, and the company will let you know when it is safe for you to power on your system and begin conserving.
How much does SunPower’s Solar Panels cost?
The overall costs of installing the SunPower’s solar panels depends on a combination of following factors:
- What are the energy requirements (both in terms of usage and savings)?
- How is the local climate (sunny, cloudy or rainy)?
- What is the area of the rooftop where the system needs to be installed?
- What is the situation with the roof shading?
- What is the size of the solar system?
Since it is difficult to determine the precise cost of the solar power system, it is important to receive an accurate price by getting in touch with a SunPower solar service provider. After examining price quotes from throughout the nation, the company discovered that a 5-kW photovoltaic system generally costs around $11,148 to $46,000, or $2.2 to $9.2 per watt. And this average cost is before any tax breaks or other rebate programs.
Even though the company may be slightly more expensive than other solar energy providers, its highly durable and efficient panels and transferable guarantee might make the extra money worthwhile.
SunPower Financing Options
One of the worrisome things for the solar leads about the PV installation process is how they are going to pay for it. Fortunately, SunPower lets their customers switch to greener practises by offering them the following diversified financing options:
In this scenario, the company owns the solar panels, and users pay a monthly fee in exchange for the right to use the energy the system generates. Additionally, the corporation assumes complete responsibility for any future maintenance or replacement costs for a period of 20 years. And with SunPower’s grid storage system, one can still use the power even on cloudy days.
Low annual percentage rate (APR) financing for US residential solar consumers were recently offered by SunPower. For qualified homes who purchase a SunPower Equinox® system, the prices are anticipated to result in significantly cheaper monthly expenses. This makes it simpler for more residences to produce their own power, thereby reducing the amount that demand charges will contribute to your recurring utility bills. Moreover, the loan customers may even qualify for federal tax credits/ state and local incentives programs.
Owning a system entirely has always been a fruitful deal. In fact, a research discovered that installing a photovoltaic system can increase the value of your home by as much as 4%. With the aid of Net energy metering, it also increases the amount of money you save from escalating power costs. Similar to loaning, purchasing a system gives eligible consumers the chance to benefit from both the federal solar tax credit and state and local incentives.
Contrary to other residential solar companies, SunPower offers a comprehensive 25-year warranty that covers your entire system, not just the panels, ensuring that you never have to worry about who to call in case if those panels fail.
The following warranties are offered under the SUNPOWER® COMPLETE CONFIDENCE WARRANTY plan:
- Provide free shipping and labour for any necessary repair or replacement.
- Cover rust damage, for instance, at facilities near the sea.
- Coverage for both product problems and a minimum peak power.
- Considering the entire system.
SunPower Solar Reviews by Customers
In the period of 40 years of operation, SunPower has managed to uphold a good reputation. With over 1,000 client evaluations, the business has received 4.2 out of 5 stars, earning it a rating of A+ and recognition from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Besides, the positive evaluations highlight SunPower’s solar panels’ ability to save customers money and the customer support team’s quickness and expertise.
Below are some reviews from SunPower customers that are directly from the consumer affairs report, along with what they’d like to say about their experiences:
Conclusion – Is SunPower the legit provider of solar for you?
Experience is crucial when installing solar panels on a property. When you work with a solar company that is knowledgeable about what makes an efficient solar power system, reaching your budgeting and cost-effective objectives is made easier.
SunPower offers in-house-produced solar technologies and more than 25 years of expert residential solar installation experience. This ensures the eradication of any possible future maintenance problems related to the entire solar panel system.However, keep in mind, there aren’t always authorized dealers; thus, the quality of customer service may differ from one operator to another.
SunPower Solar Review
SunPower solar panels are some of the most efficient on the market. Their efficiency ratings range from 21.7% to 22.8%, which is significantly higher than the average solar panel efficiency of 19%. This means that SunPower solar panels can generate more electricity from the same amount of sunlight, which can save you money on your electricity bill.
- The company manufactures its own solar panels and storage systems, so you get everything under one roof.
- Offers a 25-year comprehensive warranty on all its components, not just the panels.
- Available in all 50 states. Provides diversified and flexible financing options.
- Expensive when compared to other residential solar companies.
- Provides installation services only for its own products.
- Customer service may vary depending on the local dealer.